Instruction for entry
Explanation of visa
Visas of Taiwan R.O.C. are divided into 4 categories in accordance with applicants’ purpose of entry and identity:
- Visitor Visa：Short-term visa for those staying in Taiwan for fewer than 180 days.
- Resident Visa：Long-term visa for those staying in Taiwan for more than 180 days.
- Diplomatic Visa
- Courtesy Visa
Applying for passports, visas and document authentication
- Name of Agency：Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Service hours：08:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday (No lunch break at noon. Services not available on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays.)
- map：3-5F., Central Joint Office Building, No.2-2, Sec. 1, Jinan Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City map
Foreign exchange rate
The circulating currency in the Republic of China (Taiwan) is New Taiwan dollar (NT$).
- Types of NT$ bills：2000NT$, 1000NT$, 500NT$, 200NT$, and 100NT$.
- Types of NT$ coins：50NT$, 20NT$, 10NT$, 5NT$, and 1NT$.
Where can I exchange for NT$?
- Kaohsiung International Airport：Tourists who fly to Kaohsiung can exchange for NT$ at Bank of Taiwan or Mega International Commercial Bank on the first and third floors of the International Terminal in the airport. See here for the specific exchange locations.
- Port of Kaohsiung ：Tourists who take a cruise can exchange for NT$ at the ATM. All you need is a copy of your passport and resident certificate/entry permit to make the exchange. Maximum daily amount of exchange is NT$ 100 thousand. In addition, we also offer two-way cash exchange services between NT$ and USD, JPY and CNY.
Exchange location: Port of Kaohsiung Pier 9 Visitor Center
Also, some restaurants and cafes also offer free Wi-Fi services. When patronizing some stores, you can just enquire about the services.